Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Looking for the excitement and the thrill


I have provisionally book my self for the Kilkenny art fair in August 2011. I am really excited but also a touch nervous, not having done this kind of art fair before. Life is far too short and I think it is about time I took the bull by the horns and attempted something unnerving and scary.
I am also taking part in the R.D.S. art fair Dublin. Did this last year and I was buzzing for weeks after. It was the best thing I could have done meeting people, hearing comments. Taking on board peoples feeling about my art was so brilliant. I just wanted to dance all week, If it had not been for the fact that we had no money and we were eating McDonalds for the week I think I would have been dancing (I got too heavy with all the burgers)
     Painting can be such a lonely "job" I have put job in brackets as I feel I am so lucky to be able to do something that I love so much and "sometimes" get paid for it. If we all had a job that we loved as much as I love painting then the world would be a much better place. I digress, I was saying lonely, as I spend most of my day in my studio painting, I don't come out much and don't really see Mike much when I am working. I think what I am trying to say is that I loose touch with reality I loose touch with the reality of trying to make my paintings a business. I have just had a wonderful conversation with an arts officer about the need, and she stressed need, to put time aside for paper work and computer thingies. Thingies being the operative word. I sort off pass the buck and ask Mike to take on these type of "thingies" as you may guess, I'm not the best at them. May be I am a bit late but I think a new years resolution is on the card to start to believe that my art could be a business and a good one at that and take the time to develop my sites as well as I have tried to do with my painting. May be it's time for the "thingies" to get a name???????

I would love you to have a look at my web site just click on the link www.artmayo.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment